I had to use fraud protection on my file with Equifax Canada a couple of years ago.All went well till I decided to sell my house and buy a new one; when I did that I also had to change my cell number as I wanted a new number where I am moving.

I needed a new mortgage for my new house so the banks will call; so I called Equifax to change my number but they told me it is very difficult and better cancel the fraud protection and gave me the details on how to do that. I did; I sent them by fax as instructed; of course after three days of trying their only fax which serve millions; after that I called again to check; they confirmed receiving it and all ok; and I should let the banks call within 24 hours. This did not happen!; so I went to their branch in North York and the lady said she can do nothing; call them; I did inform of her and the man said yes we received it and all will be ok in 24 hours. The lady at the counter after I closed advised me to call again: i did within the same minute; a new voice come on and says that the papers were not clear and they sent us a letter asking us to resend the papers!!

within the same two minutes two opinions. So I sent all the papers by courier; and kept on trying to send again by fax for three days; no success; I called and the same think; the man says well they still did not receive the courier and I should wait 5 - 7 days before I call them!! the courier was over night and I received a confirmation of delivery.

The problem is I am loosing money everyday from lenders as I still can not do my mortgage...Help any one!!Worst company ever; they still do not have the invention of emails and scans; they do not understand that you can not serve millions with one fax machine!!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Equifax. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Equifax.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Financial Services category for more informed decision or compare Equifax to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Equifax?

Comments