I was the victim of identity theft. Upon being notified by the State Police of the theft, I had filed a formal police report. They conducted an investigation which led to the confession, arrest and ultimately charging the perpetrator with Identity Theft. He is now going through the Courts, where he will be sentenced.

I supplied copies of all information received from the State Police, including the signed Police Report and Arrest Record of the individual, which specifically outlines each and every accounts opened (with account numbers).

I asked that Equifax block these accounts from my file. They refused, stating that my personal information matched the information on file with the creditor. I e-mailed the President, Rudy Polder, hoping that he could assist. Celestina Spencer e-mailed me, stating that the creditor verified that the SSN, DOB, name and address were correct.

OF COURSE THEY WERE!!! The *** stole my identity and opened fraudulent accounts, that's why he was arrested for his crimes!

I have tried to explain the situation and have provided additional information to Equifax to prove that I was indeed a victim. I have e-mailed Celestina Spencer and Rudy Ploder several times, but neither will respond.

What they are doing is completely wrong!!!!! I should not be penalized for someone else's wrongdoing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Equifax Account.

Preferred solution: Block the accounts that are appearing on my file that were the result of identity theft..

I didn't like: False advertising, Poor leadership, Form letters, Do not read complaints, Do not adhere to fcra.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 20, 2015.

Comments

i am going thru the same situation, have you gotten it resolve if so what did you do?