Alpharetta, Georgia

I contacted EQUIFAX Customer service on 866 349-5191 to dispute the duplicated Hard Inquiry in my credit report by FACTUAL DATA(reapeated twice) around 10:05 AM EST 5th Jan 2016.The customer representative after verifying all my personal information(address, ssn etc) bluntly said they just get the data from somewhere and they dont have control over it.

When i contacted FACTUAL DATA they say you should contact the Mortgage Lendor(DCU) why they pulled in twice and the mortgage lender(DCU) is confused and dont know what to do and is asking me to work with EQUIFAX. Equifax also has other hard inquiry that i have not authorized(CITI CARD INQUIRY) and they bluntly said the same thing(CONTACT THE CITI CARD). THEY ADVERTISE CLEARLY THAT "f you do spot an error in your credit report, you can file a free dispute with each of the credit reporting bureaus.

You can file a dispute with Equifax either online, by phone or by mail.By law, Equifax is required to investigate your dispute within 30 to 45 days and inform you of the outcome."

Review about: Equifax Credit Report.

I didn't like: Customer service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Validate and give correct Credit Report

Had an Experience with Equifax?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.